Friday, January 3, 2014

Week 1, Day 2

This morning marks my first 5k training workout. I went to bed at a decent time last night, I even had my workout clothes on, so all I had to do was roll out of bed and go.

And. I. Couldn't. Sleep.

After tossing and turning for about an hour without even dozing, I got up and watched some tv until I felt tired. Which was right around 3 A.M. Considering the fact that I was getting up at 4, it felt pretty pointless to go to bed at that point. Anybody who knows me knows that I am NOT a morning person.  So to go to bed for an hour would defeat the purpose of working out, because I wouldn't get up and go.

So at 3 AM I hauled my warm, happy self out to the frigid, hell frozen over, arctic air. Although, I guess I shouldn't really refer to it as "arctic" air, as it was a balmy 3* Fahrenheit.

My thought process went like this:
Well, I can't sleep. Starting to get tired. Won't wake up in an hour. Might as well go.
Start the car, THANK YOU MOM AND DAD for the remote starter you gave me for Christmas!
Grab my shoes, don't forget the water.
Oh, Dear God it is cold out!
I really should scrape the windows, but I only have to drive about 2 blocks.
Hmm... I really should have scraped the windows...
Well, 3 am workouts equals excellent parking!
2 blocks away means that it's still insanely cold!
First time I've ever been here and nobody is here, I could get used to this! Any other time I've been here, it's been too busy for my liking!
How the hell do I set up one of these automatic treadmills?
*Starts pushing buttons*
I guess that works.
Dang, this thing is slow!
*Pushes a few more buttons*
Too fast! Too fast!!
*manages to find a happy medium*

Got 40 minutes in on the treadmill. I had a total of 5 minutes running, and I wasn't breaking any land speed records, but I managed to accomplish the hardest part of my workout: getting to the gym!

Hopefully tonight I make it to bed at a decent time, otherwise, tomorrow's post is going to be pretty much the same!!

This is probably due to lack of sleep. At this point, it was about 4:30 AM and I still hadn't slept!

No comments:

Post a Comment