Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Week 1, Day 6

Today was ridiculous.

I went up to the corner again, I had a couple of bills to pay and I was out of stamps. Yes, I am one of those people who still pays bills via check! I do most online, but some I still pay the old fashioned way.

I had to dig my car out - again. Not because of the wind, but because the plow buried half of my car yesterday when he was cleaning the apartment lot. So I dug my car out... for the fourth time in three days (or was it the fifth? I've done it so many times, I don't even remember any more!), and I helped dig a neighbor out as well. Ran my errands and drove to the other end of town, mostly to see how the main road was in case I have to go to work tomorrow.

It was not exactly fun. Besides my tires spinning every time a red light turned green as I tried to get through the intersections, I wound up literally inches from getting into an accident.

I turned into walmart's parking lot right next to their gas station and as I was pulling in, a guy that had Jesus looking hair/beard was pulling out of the first drive of the gas station, looking completely in the other direction as he pulled out. Right in front of me. I laid on the horn, hit the brakes and proceeded to slide (because even though the drive had been plowed, it was covered with snow) right towards the front end of Jesus-look-alike's car. He slammed on his brakes and I was able to slide just past the front end of his car by cranking the wheel with one hand while still laying on the horn with my other hand. The whole time I could tell that he was yelling at me as I managed to get past him with probably no more than a couple of inches between our cars. I should also note that I was also yelling at him through the whole thing! I felt kind of wrong yelling obscenities and rude names at Jesus-look-alike, but not too wrong since I know that he was yelling at me.

I popped into the store (where I did purchase a 22 oz. soup mug that is PERFECT for hot chocolate!) and wound up making my way back to my apartment, without any more interesting events occurring.

I swear, I just need to stay inside. There are too many stupid people in this world!!

Planning on getting back to Snap tomorrow, I don't foresee having to shovel any more snow! I never thought I'd say this, but I am looking forward to it!


You can't really tell, but my face was red after being out in the sun/wind/cold this afternoon!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your near miss accident-but Ms. Weaver I can tell you teach ELA your blog is hysterical-I laughed so hard and so did my daughter-I am not normally a blog reader but I may have to follow yours!!! You are hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could bring a little light to your life! :) I try to put a fun spin on this, I can't imagine reading a blog about trying to get fit that doesn't give a bit of humor! Just think of all the joy you missed out on during the last 2 1/2 weeks that we've been off!! hahaha

      Delete