Thursday, January 9, 2014

Week 2, Day 1

Today was the first day since I've started this that I've actually had to go to work after my workout in the morning.

Last night I slept in my work out clothes. I would have gotten out of here a bit faster if I hadn't gone back to sleep for a few minutes after my alarms went off.

It was a dangerous game I was playing this morning.

Because we had a staff meeting today, I wound up only being able to get in 30 minutes on the treadmill instead of my usual 40. But, I did run 6 minutes and minutes 3-4 were at a higher speed.

Now, onto something that's been on my mind today...

Hashtag workouts.

You know what I'm talking about. If you have a twitter account, or instagram, or facebook, or any other number of social media accounts you know what the hashtag is.


If you work out and you have some sort of social media account, you my friend, are probably guilty of participating in a hashtag workout.

I too am guilty of this ever popular crime. I've shared a couple of hashtag workouts via my instagram account. But my hashtag workouts have been fairly toned down compared to some that I tend to see. One that seems to be gaining popularity is the #Beastmode workout.

WHAT??!!

I'm not sure in what universe a #beastmode workout is a good thing. If you are in "beastmode" I don't think that I want to be working out any where near you. It sounds slightly terrifying. I mean, if you're in "beastmode" are you going to try and rip my face off? The last thing I need is to be working out near someone on bath salts who feels like beastmode contains an acceptable level of adrenaline and endorphins.

I push myself in my workouts, but for me my hashtag workouts are more like, #TryingNotToKeelOverAndDie or #IThinkImStartingToSeeTheLight. Perhaps even #MyLegsFeelLikeJello #IDontKnowIfBillCosbyMeantThatInTheJelloCommercials #ImPrettySureIHaveLostMyDamnMind.

Hashtag.

No comments:

Post a Comment