Saturday, January 18, 2014

Week 3

So I'm looking at how this is going to work out now that I'm in the full swing of work and school. Instead of attempting to do this daily, or keeping track of it daily, it will probably be best as a weekly update. This way, I'm not falling behind, and I'm still keeping myself on track with workouts and blogs.

This past week, I made my workout on Monday & Tuesday. Nothing too special to report with that. Wednesdays and Thursdays are going to be my rest days, as I have meetings at 7 a.m. and it's too much rushing around trying to get work outs in and be at work on time for the meetings. I tried that last week, and wound up running in the door at work at about 6:29. I hate that.

Yesterday I hit my workout again. In the afternoon we had a staff vs. student volleyball game. I played, and had a great time. Unfortunately we lost to the kids two games to one. There were a couple of staff members who were playing with the kids and helping them out, because they were just standing there and watching the ball go by them! (Clearly, we need to teach our kids how to play volleyball....)

I wound up injuring myself during the first game. I dove for the ball (stupidly, I might add, as I didn't have knee pads - mistake #1), and wound up twisting my ankle pretty badly in the process. Instead of taking myself out of the game and propping it up for a little bit, I played through the pain (stupidly, again - mistake #2). I'm not even sure how I twisted my ankle, but I am still limping around!

Didn't make it to the gym this morning. Between being up late working on homework for school and my ankle, there was no way I was going to be there at 4. I thought maybe when I woke up a bit later that I could today, but my ankle is still pretty sore, so I'm going to rest and let it heal up before I get really going on it again.

Nothing like getting injured this early in training for the 5k. But I guess maybe I would rather get injured earlier as opposed to closer to the run, where I have less time to recuperate and get back on track.

Yesterday while driving home from work my traction control light came on along with a message telling me that it needed to be serviced. I called the garage that I normally take my car to, they told me that it probably wouldn't be a big deal and how to fix it. That was great, because they could have charged me an arm, leg, and my future first born, but they didn't.

Well, it looks like I'll be parting with one arm, leg, and my future first born after all. The light kicked on again today as I was driving to a birthday party, and a third time as I was driving home.

Money is overrated anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment